Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Visiting Trinty Brewing Company


A few weeks back I drove down to Colorado Springs to see what their breweries offered and try some new beers.  I hit three different brewpubs/breweries during my visit, but one stood out as my clear favorite.  The Trinity Brewing Company is still relatively new, only opening about a year ago, but is already making excellent, innovative beer.  I sampled six of their brews during my visit, and the Awaken Stout alone was good enough to make the hour drive worthwhile.  Another highlight is their Farmhouse Saison, which is brewed with a different recipe each time depending on the ingredients that are available at the time.  This is a great concept that allows them to experiment and push the envelope on what beer can taste like.



Trinity recently began bottling two of their beers, Old Growth Wild Ale and TPS Report (a sour ale that won gold at GABF this year), but they are still brewery only releases.  I picked up both during my visit and neither disappointed. These excellent sours really show what the brewery is capable of and the innovative direction they're headed.



The brewpub also has a wonderful atmosphere and features a constantly changing, slow food menu that emphasizes locally grown ingredients.  Plus they have almost 30 guest taps with rarities from a other Colorado brewers, so you're sure to find something you like. This Friday they will be releasing their new Slap Your Mammy Double IPA and it will be well worth your time to drive down and try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment